AT LAKHIMPUR DISTRICT UNDER MINISTRY OF WOMEN & CHILD DEVELOPMENT, GOVT. OF INDIA.
Implemented By : Dikrong Valley Environment and Rural Development Society, (DVERDS)
Programme Details:- The UJJAWALA Scheme- A Comprehensive Scheme for Prevention of Trafficking and Rescue, Rehabilitation and Re-integration of Victims of Trafficking for Commercial Sexual Exploration is sponsored by the Ministry of Women &Child Development, Govt. of India since 2008-09 to implement in Lakhimpur district of Assam. Presently, the Ministry has sanctioned the Protection & Rehabilitation Home to our agency to conduct at Barpathar, Lakhimpur for the capacity of 25 Nos. of Inmates.During the financial year 2018-19, 52 Nos. of women and girls were rescued from different sites with the help of police department and presently 12 Nos. of them are living in the home and undergoing vocational training on cutting & tailoring, Embroidery. During the year 15 Nos. of women were re-integrated into families after proper training and counseling etc.
Community served:- The scheme envisions supportive environment for the Women and children who are vulnerable under trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation. The Women and children who are victims of trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation and for child labour.
Objective:– The main objectives of the projects are:
- To prevent trafficking of women and children for commercial sexual exploitation through social mobilization and involvement of local communities, awareness generation programmes, generate public discourse through workshops/seminars and such events and any other innovative activity.
- To facilitate rescue of victims from the place of their exploitation and place them in safe custody.
- To provide rehabilitation services both immediate and long-term to the victims by providing basic amenities/needs such as shelter, food, clothing, medical treatment including counseling, legal aid and guidance and vocational training.
- To facilitate reintegration of the victims into the family and society at large
- To facilitate repatriation of cross-border victims to their country of origin.
- Temporary residential accommodation with the provision of food, cloth, medicine, facilities etc.
- Vocational and skill up gradation training for economic rehabilitation of such women.
- Counseling, awareness generation and behavioral trainings.
- Legal aid and guidance.
- Counseling and motivation.
Main outcomes:- An Ujjawla P&R Home is usually the place, a home for Women and children who are victims of trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation. The place is of course like home where the routine living, like food, clothing, medical and shelter etc.
Evaluation methods employed:- The evaluation of the project is well setting by the state government, district level monitoring committee such as District social welfare department monitoring the project regularly as well as State level or Central level monitoring has done.